The Living Room is where most people spend much of their time inside the home. For me, the Living Room is open to our kitchen, so I end of cleaning this when I finish with the kitchen. This guide would also work for any living or lounging space in your home, such as a game room or sitting room.
- To start off, move all the furniture out of the room. Move couches, chairs, tables, cabinets, rugs, etc. all out of the room. Take down the curtains and put them in the wash if possible.
- Clean any windows and windowsills. Wipe off floor moldings. If possible, use a Swiffer on the walls and ceiling fan. Dust any shelves and TV’s.
- Vacuum or mop the floor. Shake out, wash, or beat any area rugs outside. If you can, shampoo the carpet.
- Wash any throw blankets, pillows, and cushion covers before they make their way back into the Living Room. If you have a pet, you may be surprised at how much fur is under those couch cushions. While the couch cushions are off the couches and chairs, vacuum the entire couch/chair. If you can’t put covers in the wash, try using a fabric freshener, like Febreze.
- As you put furniture back in the room, remove anything off the tables or out of the cabinets. Use furniture polish or glass cleaner to clean inside and out. Update any pictures in frames and organize them back on top or inside of your tables and cabinets.
- Disinfect any remotes, knobs/handles, switches.
- At any point, if the curtains, frames, or throw pillow should be thrown away, do so.
With updated throw pillows, pictures, and a fresh scent, your Living Room is ready for summer!